Microsoft have announced updates and new features for Dynamics 365 Business Central. These updates form part of Microsoft’s bi-annual Wave 1 2020 updates
What Microsoft say:
For 2020 release wave 1, Business Central investments center on service fundamentals to meet the demands of a rapidly growing customer base, enhanced user productivity, geographic expansion, and top customer-requested features. Improvements in migration tools reflect the prioritization of bringing on-premises Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, and Dynamics NAV customers to Business Central online
New countries and localisation
As the demand for Dynamics 365 grows globally, Microsoft are making it available in new languages and countries. Business Central will soon become available in Columbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Slovenia and Peru.
Take a look at all the countries and languages now supported
User interface improvements
- Bank reconciliation page – now more space for data display to provide a more thorough overview of each entry
- Responsive navigation to make viewing and input on small screens easier
- Improved, more Excel-like data input
- Faster page load times
- Improvements to filtering and views
- A new process to handle receiving more units than ordered
- Users can now send documents to specific contacts based on their role
- Improvements to adding recurring sales / purchase orders
- Now easier to correct invoiced quantities on originating orders
Onboarding and migrations
- Microsoft are making it much easier to migrate from Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL and Business Central on premises.
- Automated system walkthroughs for new users
Common Data Service integration
- Users can now to connect to the Common Data Service (CDS) and associate a Business Central company with a CDS business unit. This will give users a shared and consistent view of data across Dynamics 365.
Modern developer tools
Microsoft are focusing this release on improving developers’ productivity.
- Improved troubleshooting and debugging
- Better performance and usability, particularly on large projects
- New code insights and telemetry to improve code
More about these updates on the Microsoft Wave 1 2020 website