Microsoft have announced updates to Dynamics 365 and Power Platform As part of their biannual release plan. This Autumn’s wave 2 release includes features which will be available between October 2021 and March 2022.
Dynamics 365 Sales
- Many small features to help salespeople work more productively and choose the right leads to focus on, including – performance dashboards, lead routing and worklist improvements. Details here
- New sequence features in the Sales Accelerator. Sequences are lightweight workflows which determine a step-by-step process for salespeople to manage new leads and many other actions. These sequences can be templated to fit your sales processes and to help train new salespeople.
Watch a short video on sequences https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TTNRp7rXMA
More about the release
- You can now create a Teams meeting in Dynamics 365 sales, join a meeting with a single click, update sales records in a meeting, and capture notes which will sync to Dynamics.
- More details
- You can now share forecasts
- Train and tweak the AI scoring model at field level
- Improved contact insights on mobile app
- Improvements to data import and manual input
- Intelligent, smoother ways to add data – scan handwritten notes, easier business card scanning and contextual suggestions.
- New deal manager workspace – see more A faster, more visual and intuitive way to manage deals and discover extra information
- Dynamics now searches Outlook contacts and emails to discover more contacts and intelligence about organisations.
Dynamics 365 Marketing
- The email editor now makes AI-powered content suggestions – more
- You can send SMS messages with Twilio or TeleSign – more
- All customer interactions can now be visualised on the customer’s timeline in Customer Insights. This gives a complete overview of the contact’s relationship with your company in one place. – more
- Improved webinar customer experience. Registrations in Teams are now connected to Dynamics 365 Marketing and can trigger customer journeys to send email sequences / update records etc – more
- Trigger Power Automate flows from within customer journeys – more
- Improved segment builder – more
Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Improvements to Payment Reconciliation Journal and Bank Reconciliation page
- Improved tour of Business Central
- Better synchronisation between Business Central and Dataverse
- Data input and user interface improvements
- Localised apps in new countries and languages
Office 365 Integration
- Better searching and linking to Business Central records in Teams – more
- Centralized Deployment of Office add-ins – more
- Export lists and reports to Excel – more
- Improvements to the AL language – more
- New coding tools
- Manage access using Azure Active Directory
- Easier to manage scheduled tasks after a restore
- More flexibility in copying environments
- Faster list editing
- Pages faster to open – more
- Reliability and capacity improvements – more