There are updates coming soon which you need to know about
Microsoft are replacing the Dynamics 365 for Outlook add-in with the new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook. If you’re not sure which you’re using, read on.
If you use the add-in, then you need to make plans to move to Dynamics 365 App for Outlook before Microsoft’s deadline of 1 October 2020. Beyond that date, the add-in could continue to work, but Microsoft won’t support it.
We recommend you transition soon – particularly as the new app has many more features and performs better.
Am I using Dynamics 365 for Outlook add-in? How do I tell?
If your screen in Outlook looks like this, then you’re using the add-in – you need to upgrade.
Also, you may have seen a warning message at the top of your Dynamics screen like this
Why should I use the new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook app?
To put it simply, it’s faster, easier to use and has more features
- Automatically see information about contacts and leads as you read emails – no more switching to Dynamics
- Open Dynamics 365 records directly to find or enter more detailed information
- Create new contacts from unknown recipients
- Link emails and appointments to a contact or lead with a single click
- Simple to install – no config needed
- Seamless – no more annoying login prompts
- Responsive – works seamlessly across all screen sizes and device types
- Much faster – doesn’t affect your PCs performance
- Customisable so you only see what you need for your organisation
Access Dynamics 365 away from the office
One of the best new features of the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook is the mobile app.
Now you can track emails and access contextual information from your phone or tablet when you’re on the road.
Your colleagues are kept up to date with the latest information and sales follow ups can be scheduled much faster than previously.
How do I move to the new app?
Take a look at Microsoft’s guide about transitioning to the Dynamics 365 for Outlook App
If you’ve not got time to deploy the app, or want to talk about this, please get in touch