The Flood Company are an Elland based flood defence specialist, offering flood defence products in a variety of styles and designs to suit any installation requirement. They work with many industry-leading organisations across the country to deliver the very best flood defence products.
The company’s projects have included working with Sovereign, one of the largest housing associations in the country, and Bam Nuttall, a leading edge supplier of civil engineering services.
Managing Director Luke Ruddiman had his eyes set on improving their business systems.
“We’re entering an exciting next stage, with the recent move to new premises we felt now was the time to invest in the right business systems to support our long term growth, and we felt Microsoft Dynamics 365 was the right product to do this.”
As is common with growing businesses there were many different systems in place to support the day to day running of the business.
Lots of Excel spreadsheets were used to control quotes and orders, and to record customer contact information. Paper wallets contained a complete set of job information. Task management and marketing tools were also used.
Their finance system was the main store of customer data but was limited to providing financial capabilities only, and lacked the relationship management features and reporting tools required to help scale a business.
To help them tackle the following problems, the management team had the foresight to invest in a new system now before their next stage of growth:
- Sales and process reminders and follow ups
- Logging sales activity during the sales cycle
- Improved management information
- Ability to manage stock, installations and field service activities
We analysed Microsoft Dynamics 365 functionality to determine that CRM, sales automation, customer service, and field service management would resolve the challenges they faced and support their growth. The system is a complete cloud based solution that can be implemented in phases, so we agreed to first implement sales automation to deal with immediate issues around follow ups, sales activity and improved management information. Field service management would form phase 2.
We tailored this powerful system to our client’s needs by:
- Building their sales processes and sales stages into the system
- Configuring fields, forms and views to provide a software solution built around the needs of their people and unique to their business
- Integrating Dynamics 365 with their Xero finance / accounting system
- Populating a complex product catalog
- Including VAT calculations in quotes and orders
- Creating professional, branded quotes that are generated from system data
- Writing workflows to streamline processes and provide reminders and follow ups
- Creating reports and dashboards that provide at-a-glance overviews of business performance
We helped them with data migration, trained their team and got them up and running with their new system.
Hear From the Customer
“We’d heard that moving to a new system can be problematic and time consuming. The team at All My Systems knew their stuff and gave us confidence in their approach to implementation, data migration and training. The prototyping concept they use is great because it meant my team could see how the system was progressing. It also meant that as we learned more about Dynamics, we could request tweaks to the system during the project.
The go-live process was straightforward, and since then the quality of support provided has been excellent. We’re seeing the benefits of the system with much more visibility and control within the sales cycle, and several hours of time saved each week that we used to waste creating reports and trying to find information.
I’m looking forward to continuing our partnership with All My Systems to deliver phase 2 of the project to optimise our installations and field service functions.”